Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is a competitive all-India exam that tests the aptitude of students in most undergraduate science and engineering subjects. It is conducted by the seven IITs or Indian Institute of Technology and IIS or Indian Institute of Science.
- You need to hold a bachelor’s degree in Architecture / Engineering / Technology and you can even apply if you in your final year.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics / Science / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent is enough as well.
- 4 – year integrated master’s degree program in Technology / Engineering students can apply in the second or higher year
- 5 – year integrated Dual or Master’s degree program in Technology / Engineering students can apply in fourth or higher year
- Holders of degrees equivalent to B. E. / B. Tech obtained by clearing examinations held by societies recognized by AICTE/UPSC
Tips from the Toppers
Joining a GATE coaching centre can always help you to stay ahead of the others. It is not easy to stay focused, mostly when you are in your final year of graduation or master degree program. According to toppers, the preparation for GATE exam should start 9 to 10 months prior to the date of the examination. If you are hard-working, you can surely crack GATE even in your final year.
During the initial months, you need to focus on your basic concepts as far as the GATE syllabus is concerned. When you have basics clear and strong understanding of concepts, you can practice to solve mock tests and sample papers for a good grip over question selection.
The last three months should be totally dedicated in giving mock tests. Joining the best GATE coaching centre in Chennai is important for Chennai based students trying for GATE. This would help you to test your competency and identify your weak areas.
During the last month, revise as much as possible and practice sample papers. Dedication, consistency and hard work would surely help you to crack GATE.
Social Networking Trends for Gate Coaching: